Friday, January 13, 2012

The End of Week 1!

Well, I just finished the first week of classes.  It has been exciting, exhilarating and exhausting! I am working with teachers from 18 different countries, and I always love how we can come from so many different backgrounds and teaching contexts and still find so much in common to bind us together.

Besides getting to know everyone in my classes, I have been playing around with a lot of new tech tools, and it's pretty amazing to consider all the different ways these tools can be used in classes, whether face-to-face or online.  One of the things I love about teaching is that I am always learning something new, so life never gets dull!

2 comments:

  1. I think that teachers must be lifelong learners otherwise we lose the spark of teaching. As Bill Gates quoted a book that said " Stay hungry, stay foolish". Hungry as in trying to continuously learn and foolish as not thinking we know everything. I'm really excited to have classmates from all over the world, with different backgrounds but so willing to share and learn from each other.
    Regards
    Nando

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janine!

    It is indeed a great experience to be a part of this Webskills course. I was quite hesitant about getting started, as though I use the computer mainly for e-mails and to go on face book and google some information, creating blogs etc; are quite novel to me. Infact I had to get my husband to help me a bit with creating the blog!!
    But as I see it now, it was quite a learning experience and am quite sure this could be used in our language classrooms without any difficulty as most of our students are more computer literate that we are!!

    Thanks for guiding us through week 1. Hope our jurney will be rewarding and smooth through the 9 weeks to come.

    Best regards
    Shashinie

    ReplyDelete